Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 10, 2008

Way Behind...Hartsvegas, Savannah, and Surprise Visitors!

Okay...so I'm really behind. John as been on 2nd shift for the past two weeks (which we truly love-really)! He's at home all morning and at night too! It's great! We've been staying pretty busy. We made an overnight trip to Hartsville last Thursday. Very short, but nice. Had to come back to Macon on Friday so that John could go to work and then left first thing Saturday morning for Savannah to spend a weekend with Sarah and Jason (who are very excited about Baby Win-coming the end of January 2009)!
We had a blast in Savannah. We had no idea that Octoberfest was going on...so we strolled around on River Street for a while. Anna didn't seem to mind the cobblestone steets too much. It was actually nice having a stroller to help push our way through the crowd... People either moved or got side swiped by Anna! We ate lots of delicious food! Anna tested out the Wheelybug at Savannah Bee Company and absolutely LOVED playing with Truman and Baxter (Jason and Sarah's dogs). It was hilarious to watch her. Her whole little body stiffens with excitement and then she starts kicking her arms and legs simultaneously and panting! I've never seen anything like it. Sarah, Anna, and I went shopping for Baby stuff while John and Jason took the boat out! We visited with Christie, Katie, and Jack (the dog) for a little while on Sunday afternoon and when Jack barked Anna chuckled like it was the funniest thing in the world! We has such a great time and can't wait to visit again soon!
And Anna and I also really want a dog. Not to worry...John said that we can get one as soon as Anna can ask for it. We practice saying pup-pup daily now. I used to want Ma-ma or Da-da to be her first word. Now I tell her that it won't hurt my feelings if she says pup-pup first! I'm sure it'll be a while!
Some other exciting news is that Jack and Justin have both visited Macon in the last two weeks. Jack surprised us last Sunday evening. And, Justin was in town with work this whole past week! We enjoyed getting to see both of them and spent time catching up now that they are both so far away!
We have also just visited the Georgia National Fair and will be going to the Pumpkin Patch at Elliot Farms soon. I'll have details later!

No comments: