
Lucky for us...I had the whole weekend planed out. John had Friday off of work and he won tickets to the Georgia National Fair...so guess where we went on Friday afternoon! THE FAIR!

I was so excited about Anna seeing all of the animals, riding the merry go round, and grilled corn on the cob I could hardly stand it. We lolligagged around most of Friday morning and headed to the Fair around 1:30 that afternoon. When we got there we discovered that it would cost $9.oo for the three of us to ride the Merry-Go-Round. $9.00? It was $3.oo for each person and babies DON"T ride for free. I tried to reason with the lady that Anna and I would be on the same horse because she couldn't ride by herself yet, but she said we would both need tickets. How crazy is that? Six dollars for us to share a horse? Needless to say, Anna did not ride the Merry-Go-Round. I was still so annoyed that I didn't even want corn on the cob and we missed the entire petting zoo exhibit! What luck! However, we did see lots of cows.

Anna couldn't quite figure them out though.
On Saturday we headed to Elliot Farms in Lizella, Georgia to take a hayride through the pumpkin patch and to see all of their animals. Anna was all decked out in her Halloween outfit

and I even took her Halloween costume so that we could get cute pics of her, however, all she wanted to do was chew on a baby pumpkin!

She yelled at a couple of dogs while we were there too! We packed a picnic lunch and everything!

The original plan was to have a picnic at the pumpkin patch, but it smelled so badly that there was NO way that we could have eaten there! John wasn't exactly thrilled about the picnic either, but we did stop by Wesleyan College on the way home to picnic! When we got there we realized that we forgot to pack a picnic blanket. Luckily, they had a bench and I did find a small blanket in the car that was only big enough for Anna to lay very still. After a lovely picnic, we headed home for an afternoon of naps and football games!
1 comment:
Well, Anna is just the cutest thing ever!!! Your mom dropped by our house the other day and you can tell she is quite thrilled being a grandmother and she commented on how awesome of a mother you are... of course you are, Lauren!!!
Love, Katie, Mac & Bose
Post a Comment