Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 1, 2010

Long Time...No Blog

Sorry...it's been quite a while. I really don't have any good excuses as to why I haven't posted anything in the last hmmm....six months? We've been a smidge busy between my pregnancy...Anna...and getting the baby's room ready! Let me just give you a brief update as to what's been going on over the last six months. I will post as many pictures as possible with this blog, however...Anna is napping, so I'm not making any big promises...I'm just going to try and post an update that will let everyone know that we are alive and well in Georgia.
As many of you know Anna and I started school sometime around the beginning of August. But, before starting school we flew to the beach for a few days to enjoy the beach one more time before the end of summer. Anna was a dream on the plane...there and back! I didn't even check luggage...just rolled through Atlanta and Charleston with her right in my arms! She was such a little trooper! Anna and I flew home to tell John some really exciting news! She is going to be a BIG SISTER! John didn't tell me "Congratulations" this time, like he did with Anna! His face just beamed with excitement! Katherine Elizabeth's expected arrival date is April 15th! John and I overly excited about another baby and feel so blessed that we will have two little girls! Anna calls her "Baby Sissy"...she's melts my heart with the way she already shows so much interest in the baby. She tries to share food and drins with her...and when we read we have to show "Baby Sissy the pictures. She's constantly rubbing my tummy and has just started saying "Baby Sissy home?". We know that Anna will be such a great Big Sister and thar they will be the best of friends!
As many of you know Anna and I started school together...she was going to Mother's morning Out while I taught 4K. That lasted through October. Anna hated MMO so badly that she began biting! I think it started out as kissing and then got much harder and more frequent. She was kicked out for two weeks and after going back and another biting incident I decided to continue staying at home with her! We both got lucky in that situation.
We started potty training Anna after she showed an interest in the bathroom. Things are still going well.
She is now wearing pull ups that she calls "Fup Mups". It would be great if we could get her fully potty trained before the new baby gets here, but if not...no big deal.
Being sick through the fall and not having much energy, I honestly don't remember much of September through November. Mom and Mama came down the first part of October to give me a break...it was great! They cooked and cleaned. We also celebrated Mama's Birthday!
I know that we took Anna to the fair again this year. She loved all of the animals and even rode a pony.


We took her to the petting zoo, which she thought was HILARIOUS! She laughed uncontrollably as John and I helped her feed the animals! We finally talked her into leaving the ponies and getting a funnel cake! MMmmmmm!
We visited a pumpkin patch where Anna called pumpkins "apples". When we tried telling her that they weren't apples she just said "yes apples". Eventually, we quit arguing with her. Anna picked out pumpkins four pumpkins for our soon to be family of four!

We also had a couple of Halloween parties and company! Mimi and Grandaddy came dowm to visit the weekend of Halloween! They were able to see Miss Piggy in full gear! We celebrated my birthday with a delicious dinner! John and Anna also got early Christmas presents!




! What a great few months it was! November thru February will be coming soon!

2 comments:

JUDY said...

Yeah, Lauren.

Thanks so much. I thoroughly enjoyed this and look forward to the next. Great job! Love you all! Aunt Judy

Lauren said...

Glad you are blogging again. I love the pictures of Anna, but I'm sure she has changed since then... so hurry up and catch up! :)