Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 13, 2009

Anna's First Birthday

I cannot believe our 6 pound 4 ounce baby is already one! It's amazing how quickly time flies, I feel really old saying that! When John and I decided to start a family I don't think either of us knew what we were really in for. From the very first second she was born, she captured our hearts. Our love continues to grow fo her more and more each day. We are truly blessed and thank God every day for the most amazing little part of our lives! By no means do we want her to grow up quickly, but we can't wait to see all the joy that she will bring to our lives! This year we decided to have two parties...Anna's first 1st Birthday Party was on April 4th. All of Anna's little friends, their parents and more friends came over for an egg hunt!
We had so much fun getting ready for the party...John and I made Anna's cake to make it even more special!
The kids were so adorable hunting eggs. We practiced hunting eggs for weeks before Anna's party...we hid them inside and outside...putting puffs, marshmellows, raisins, and other treats in them so that Anna would pick them up. In the beginning she would hand the egg to John or myself for us to open the egg, but apparently we weren't fast enough! She figured out that if she stuffed half of the egg in her mouth and bit down...it would open. Resulting in her getting the treat faster! Hilarious!
John became even more popular when he debuted Bella as the Easter Bunny.

Anna's second 1st Birthday Party was on April 11th in Hartsville at Mom's house. John and I made lasagna and another cake! We wanted to have a party at home so that all of our family and friends would be able to come. It was so nice to see almost everyone! (Sorry for the lost invite Aunt Judy.) Anna met her new cousins Laurie Beth and Will for the first time! Maybe next year they'll be able to hunt eggs too!

No comments: