Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 22, 2008

More Vegetables Please!


Since our pediatrician was adamant about us waiting until Anna was exactly four months old before she began eating vegetables I actually waited, however, this would not have been my decision! Anna was ready to eat more than two weeks before when I began giving her rice cereal! Only when I called the nurse to inquire about introducing vegetables and fruits she told me to call back when Anna was really four months old! The nerve of her! So.. needless to say, we started feeding Anna sweet peas on August 11th...only one day shy of exactly four months! BIG MISTAKE with choosing peas as her first meal! Someone should have told us to go with carrots or sweet potatos first! She tried her best to eat them, but could only choke down a couple of tiny bites. The faces that she made while trying to swallow these peas were PRICELESS! She was so excited as the spoon headed towards her mouth...anticipating the greatness of real food...she just knew this stuff would be AMAZING...and then the look in her eyes...the dissappointment...it was all just pitiful! To make things EVEN worse...just to be certain of her not having any food allergies they told me to give her the same thing three days in a row. THREE DAYS IN A ROW? Oh well, with the sweet peas, I could only watch her be let down for two! So, on day three we started with SWEET POTATOS! Oh my gosh...it didn't seem that her life could get any better until...YUMMY CARROTS...and then SQUASH! We'll be starting with green beans tomorrow! As I introduced sweet potatos I gave her sweet peas too and apparantly they weren't as bad as she initially thought!
Her diapers now, however, tell a diferent story! All I can say is that as soon as she learns to walk we're going to start potty training!

No comments: